We were all feeling a bit under the weather today, so we spent a "quiet" day at home.
In case you're curious, a "quiet" day at our house involves the following:
- Setting up robot armies of blocks in the living room and then defeating them by knocking them all to the floor amid lots and lots of laser and explosion noises
- Playing monkey (complete with accurate noises -- no, I'm not kidding, they've had me looking these up) on the swingset
- Standing on top of the back of the couch and trying to walk from there onto the top of the toy kitchen (guess who)
- A "quiet" time conversation that went like this:
- Farmerboy: Why do tigers have claws?
- Me: To hunt with. Time to be quiet and rest, Farmerboy.
- Farmerboy: And why do they have big, bright eyes?
- Me: To see in the dark, I guess. Time to stop talking.
- Farmerboy: God likes me because I like all his recreations. I would never kill any animals.
- Me: God likes you because you are one of his creations, Farmerboy. Now it's really time --
- Farmerboy: I'm sick and so I need to rest. Mommy, silverback gorillas have chests so hard they can stop swords.
What -- you mean that's not how you spend quiet days at your house?