So I won't forget... and because something is finally happening out there...
- The peas are coming up! Close observation was required to see the seedlings just pushing up out of the ground, but they're there. It took a little over a week for the seeds to germinate, which is not bad. I think we have the warm temperatures to thank; some other years it has seemed to take forever.
- Over the weekend we noted that Pip's chard and radishes had sprouted. He may also have dumped out some lettuce seeds in that space, too. Right now the seedlings are indistinguishable, and it's going to require some merciless thinning.
- Gareth planted a long strip of carrots (Red-cored Chatenay, Cosmic Purple, and Thumbelina) and beets (golden) on Saturday.
- One of the Aronia bushes has already been snapped off by someone who isn't telling. The remaining bush is already starting to leaf out.
- Blackberries, raspberries, and blueberries are all leafing out now.
- Crabapples are beginning to leaf, as is the oak tree.
- Wild strawberries have blossoms!